The Best Golf and Resorts in Lisbon
Playing golf in Lisbon provides an excellent choice of world-class golf courses. If you are looking for golf in Portugal, but an alternative to the Algarve, then a golf holiday in Lisbon fits the bill. Lisbon provides stunning scenery, culture, and scenic golf courses. Some of the best golf courses in Europe are located here, along with some hidden gems such as Troia Golf which is highly recommended. Other must play courses include Oitavos Dunes, Penha Longa, and West Cliffs Golf Links.
For further suggestions of golf trips to Lisbon, see our recommendations below;
- Marriott Praia D'el Rey
- Quinta da Marinha
- Vila Gale Cascais
- Estoril Palacio
- Penha Longa Resort
- Sesimbra Hotel & Spa
Lisbon Golf Break Offer Of The Month
- Quinta da Marinha Resort
- Stay 3 nights in a 2 bedroom Villa
- Four-Ball Special
- 2 rounds Unlimited Daily Golf Included
- From £215
Ten More Reasons to Visit Lisbon for Your Next Golf Break?
- Lisbon, the capital of Portugal, has frequent international flights from the UK.
- In 2019 Lisbon was the busiest city break destination taking over after many years from Barcelona.
- The golf courses in the region are amongst the best golf in Portugal if not the world.
- Guincho beach in Cascais is famous for world windsurfing championships.
- The area has hotels and golf courses to suit all budgets.
- Stay at the Estoril Palacio venue for the great James Bond Classic "Her Majesty's Secret Service."
- Europe's largest Casino at the heart of Estoril
- Regional golf areas with Cascais & Estoril the most popular.
- Visit cultural Sintra the home of Port.
- Visit Park and National Palace of Pena (home of the Portuguese Royal family)
For more information, please read our guide to discovering Lisbon. Alternatively, for other top destinations, visit our golf breaks in Portugal page and take advantage of the latest golf holiday offers.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Where do I fly for Golf Holidays in Lisbon?
Portela - Lisbon International Airport.
What's the best time to play golf in Lisbon?
The golf courses are slightly quieter from May through to the end of August, which coincide with the year's warmest months.
Where are the best places for great nightlife?
Cascais, Estoril with Europe’s biggest Casino, Lisbon City is now The place to party in Europe with many bars, Fado Houses, and nightclubs with Barrio Alta very popular. The waterfront running alongside the river Tagus is very much a 24-hour zone.
Which UK Regional Airports serve this destination?
Stansted, Luton, Heathrow, Manchester, Edinburgh all offer direct flights.
What are other activities available here?
Discovering numerous places of interest, such as the Lisbon city with plenty of museums, restaurants, and bars, Boca da Inferno, Guincho Beach (world-famous for its world windsurfing championships), Cascais Marina famous for its bars and restaurants, and also nautical history as a venue for the sailing world championships. Pena Palace and gardens (Home of the Portuguese Royal family).
How many golf courses can I play?
There are twenty 18-hole championships and links golf courses to choose from.
Which currency is applicable for use here?
The Euro is the currency used here.