Why Visit Murcia for Your Golf Break?
- Sunny climate perfect for golf breaks in Murcia
- Fantastic selection of high-quality golf courses in Murcia with more than 20 golf courses in the region
- The Mar Menor Resort has access to seven 18 hole courses Jack Nicklaus designed courses
- Outstanding value for money
- Wide choice of resorts available for all budgets
- The incredible resorts of La Manga, La Finca, and Mar Menor.
Golf in Murcia:
When To Visit Murcia for a Golf Break?
The best times to visit are April-June and September-November which allows for good weather and superb course conditions. However, there are some really good value deals to be found in the low season too. Murcia features as one of our Top 6 European Winter Destinations to Play Golf Climate This region boasts over 3,000 hours of sunshine a year which is perfect for an out of season golf trip. Its coastline is bathed by the warm waters of the Mediterranean. There are endless sandy beaches and small coves which are popular in summer.
Where to Play Golf in Murcia
You will find the bulk of the top golf courses in Murcia outside the city and spread across the region, from the town toward the coast. Starting in the city of Murcia and working your way out towards the Mediterranean, you will find a wealth of golf course along the RM-19 road, which leads out to the coast. Here you will find another significant grouping of golf courses. Continuing south along the coast and taking the RM-12, you will head to towards the world-famous La Manga Resort. Located on the far west, close to Cartagena, and is a superb region for a golf holiday in Murcia. How to Fly to Murcia from the UK You can use two airports to get to the region: Alicante is within an hour’s transfer and will offer you the most choice for flights fro the UK. The closest airport for most resorts is Corvera Region de Murcia. Around a 20-minute drive from La Manga Club. Easyjet, Ryanair, and Jet2 all cover San Javier from various airports across the UK. As a guide, flights from London are 2.5 hours. When considering a Murcia golf break, as always you get the best golf package deals the earlier you book with flights. We have some fantastic early booking discounts on our resorts – so contact our team who are happy to advise.
- We are a party of 20 delighted, and content golfers just returned from a golfing holiday in Murcia organized by 360 golf holidays. From our 1st query with Jeff, through to final payment with Maria, things couldn’t have run smoother. Four days golf in the sun all made possible by a well-run organization from the hotel through to course tee times. Special mention to transfers to and from airport and courses everything promised was delivered. We will be booking again. Cheers 360. Mr Ricky C
Murcia has a stunning offering of impressive courses, along with some fantastic resorts, we often recommend a golf trip to Murcia for our customers. Over twenty courses are located in this small region in Southern Spain. The most well-known resort La Manga Club, which is home to three championship quality golf courses. The resort offers a range of accommodation and sports facilities; and is roughly the size of Monaco, so it should provide enough space to relax on your golf holiday. The region also allows golfers to test their skills on the challenging Nicklaus Trail golf courses. Guests can play from the 6 Nicklaus designed courses from La Torre, Saurines, Mar Menor, El Valle, Hacienda Riquelme and the individually designed Alhama Signature course. When you are visiting Murcia, away from golf, visitors must sample tapas and local seafood in the restaurants and bars. There is culture on offer too, the ancient towns of Cartagena and Alhama offer ruins and churches to investigate. Cartagena has a rich Roman history with baths and theatre to explore, along with multiple museums and a working port. Murcia has a lot to offer golfers; the impressive weather, choice of golf courses, stunning resorts and a sense of history & culture.
Book a Golf Holiday in Murcia Today
With so many top golf courses and resorts packed into a small area, Murcia is the perfect place for both a short golf break and longer golf holiday. Regardless of how much time you have, you must play golf in Murcia, so why not book today?
Play the Best Courses on the Nicklaus Trail
The ever-popular Murcia region of Spain is the perfect spot for a golf holiday with a plethora of golf courses within easy reach. The area is a fantastic value and has one of the best climates in Europe for playing golf. Out top recommendation for first-time visitors to the region is to try out the offering at Mar Menor Resort which enables you to play from 7 courses on the famous Nicklaus Trail. The 3 top courses at La Manga is also an excellent destination for your next golf trip. Flights are available to San Javier and Alicante from most UK Airports. With Excellent nightlife in the Coastal towns of Los Alcazares and Cartagena, Murcia is a fantastic base for any Golf trip. This region boasts over 3,000 hours of sunshine a year, and the warm waters of two seas bathe its coastline. Its coast is known as the Costa Cálida (the balmy coast). It is home to endless beaches and small coves. It is straightforward to get to from most UK Airports, and most fly direct to the newly opened RMU, Región de Murcia International Airport.
- Murcia is home to some excellent value for money golf trips. Mar Menor Golf Resort, where you can play the Jack Nicklaus golf trail, consisting of 6 excellent layouts. La Manga Las Lomas Village where there are three championship golf courses on-site.
- These two resorts offer outstanding value for money. Across Europe, there are not many destinations that can rival the value that Murcia offers.