We all want to make the most of our relaxing holidays, so planning your next golfing holiday is an important task. However, like anything in life we always put it off until the last moment and therefore we will often lose out on the best deals.
Don’t take the risk of booking a bad holiday, use our guide below and make your next trip just that little bit easier. Also, our team of travel experts are on hand to answer any queries that you have.
Where do I start?
Firstly, focus on what your group wants. It’s important to make sure your group has the best possible holiday, so here are some pointers to consider:
- In the first instance pull together your “wish-list” for where you would like to go to – whether it is somewhere you know and enjoy or whether you wish to try somewhere new.
- How long you want to go for and when you want to travel?
- How much golf do you want to play? Would like to play golf every day?
- Do you want to stay in a hotel or apartments and what board basis you choose to book?
Set a reasonable budget early so everyone is clear
Write down your own budget, this is important as the holiday has to be something you are happy to pay and that you are comfortable with, and that colleagues and/or travelling companions are also happy to pay.
Don’t forget to include all elements of the holiday including flights, transfers, hotel, golf rounds and buggies!
Pick your holiday dates
This is the crucial part as the time of year you go impacts price, weather and the availability of your group.
If you are looking for the cheapest deals, then you might want to consider the shoulder season which for golf holidays in Europe is around February-March and November.
Make sure you think about the weather
We have set out some good examples of destinations you can travel to and which time of year is best to visit:
Winter is a perfect time to travel to the Canary Islands. Our pick is Tenerife with a year-round temperature of 23 degrees centigrade it’s the perfect destination. Our choice would be the Hotel Jardin Tropical.
Our choice for spring is a golf holiday in Algarve. The weather is perfect for golf (not too hot) and you have a number of courses to choose from within the close range.
Want to know the best part?
Do not leave it too late to get the best deals. Booking now for your Spring golf holiday next year might seem a bit early to be planning your next golf holiday. However, do consider that most groups do plan early in order to secure the best tee times and rooms for their group.
Plus, you have the added benefit that most of our resorts have early booker discounts that you can take advantage of. Generally, these save your group between 5%-15% off the original holiday price. Book early for the best deals!
Top tip – Book your flights early to avoid stress & take advantage of the best deals
Pick an amazing destination
Organising a golf break in a great location doesn’t need to cost the earth. If you work through what is important to you, then our experienced team can advise what resort will work best for your group within a given budget.
Things to consider for your group:
- Does your group want to be by the beach?
- Is nightlife important to you?
- Do you want golf courses on-site or are you happy to travel to play other courses?
- Is there a “bucket list” course you are wishing to play?
- Always try to have a second choice, or somewhere else you would also like to travel to, your first choice may not be available for your specific or suitable dates.
Consider all golfing abilities
No one wants to hack around a 6-hour round! So make sure you select the courses you play carefully. We can recommend which course suit which ability of golfer. We understand if you want to be challenged by the course, but do recognise that beginners may find some of the course too tough. There’s no need to worry as we have plenty of courses for golfers of all abilities.
You might be wondering:
Do you need other activities other than golf? Whilst you are booking a golf holiday, it is important to consider other activities that you and your group will want whilst abroad. We can advise on the facilities available at all of our hotels and resorts. Our advisers have visited and tested all the destinations so will be happy to talk through the options available.
Think about those extras that make the holiday special
We are often asked for added extras on top of the standard golf holiday. These extras really make your break special, so why not treat you and your group to a memorable experience. Here’s a list of extras that we can provide to our clients so you can really tailor your holiday and make it extra special:
- Why walk the course in 30c heat? Clients often book buggies which work out a reasonable process for groups and enable you to enjoy the 19th hole as soon as possible!
- Transfers. We can arrange various types of transfers from the airport included upgraded vehicles. Also consider the transfers to and from the golf courses if they are not on-site.
- Car hire. We have negotiated preferential rates of car hire at a number of our destinations.
- Club hire. With the cost of baggage on flights increasing every year, we have access to a network of club hire companies in all our regions. This often works out much cheaper than baggage fees for carrying your own clubs, plus you have the benefit of trying a new set of clubs for the holiday!
- Dinners. We have tried and tested our destinations and therefore we can make your stay that bit extra special and advise which restaurants to visit whilst abroad.
Why use a tour operator?
Our friendly and professional team can offer you practical and impartial advice, either via the phone or by email, whichever is more convenient for you. Our number one goal is to ensure that you have a fantastic golfing trip which is trouble-free!
Here’s why you should choose us to book your next holiday
- Golf breaks are complex. With tee times, transfers, room types, buggies and a multitude of courses to choose from. Why not take advantage of our experience and knowledge? Our team has over 15 years’ experience in booking golf holidays.
- Tried and tested hotels and resorts. 100’s of the group have travelled with us and we have listened to their feedback. Our selection and recommendations are based on this knowledge.
- The best tee times at the best rates. We book golf courses every day and therefore have long-lasting relationships with the courses. This helps us provide the best times and rates on golf rounds.
- Hassle-free – we offer a dedicated holiday manager to help you with all aspects of ensuring your trip runs smoothly.
- Special requirements and needs are taken care of.
- Financial protection – your money is 100% secure as all client money is stored in trust until your holiday starts. We are fully protected against supplier failure through our membership with Protected Travel Services.
Any more questions?
Do let us know if you have any more questions or want to talk through a golf holiday enquiry. Contact us as follows and we will help book your perfect holiday.
- Email – email@example.com
- Phone – 0208 655 1844
Consider these important details when travelling abroad
Protect your money
It Is important to know that when you are booking that your money is safe. All Tour Operators have schemes in place to help you the consumer. Research which Golf Tour Operators will give you the best “Financial Protection”, which suits your individual and specific requirements.
Golf Travel Insurance and Health
If you have the opportunity to send off your European Health Insurance Card (EHI card), this is a complementary card provided by the NHS and gives medical assistance should anything happen whilst you are away.
In addition to your EHI Card, Travel insurance is also important to have, there are numerous forms of insurance, through your Bank or through your Credit Card company which all offer numerous different forms of cover. “In a Nutshell” for travelling on your all inclusive golf trip ensure that each policy covers you for, Medical Expenses, Cancellation Charges, Lost Luggage, Lost and Stolen Money and Travellers Cheques and Golf Equipment.
Terms & Conditions
Whilst your Tour Operator is processing your booking please check the Terms & Conditions that apply to your Tour Operator, these will be clearly displayed on their website. Please ensure that you read them and understand what is included if you have any questions please ask your Tour Operator for clarification, your Tour Operator will be happy to put your mind at rest.
Your Tour Operator will normally confirm your booking to you in writing (normally by means of a confirmation invoice) within 24 – 48 hours. Read thoroughly to ensure that what is offered on your invoice is what you agreed to, including your agreed deposit total, this should also advise you when your remaining balance will be due.